Monday, March 22, 2010

Welllllllll....................

If I post every six months does that still make me a blogger? Or a slacker? Probably both LOL!

Well it's been a very hectic six months in my life - as soon as I started this blog I went back to work full time for the first time in 2.5 years - I was laid off from Merrill Lynch way back in the beginning of the corporate downsizing - one week later I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and have been out of work since then.

So I work for the ARC of Mercer County in NJ - we are an advocacy group that runs 13 group homes for the developmentally disabled (formerly the Association of Retarded Citizens). I was hired as a Personnel Assistant and less than three months later was promoted to Staffing Supervisor (please hold your applause).

Well let me tell you just how hectic it is to staff 13 homes with staff during the height of SNOW BLIZZARD SEASON in NJ. I was working days nights -weekends - you name it!!!!!!!! It has slowed down some - thank goodness!

I'm trying to do more crafty things as I find them to be therapeutic in that I tend not to worry about anything when I am immersed in a sewing or craft project.

One of the big "craft projects" I am in the middle of is - creating a craft room in my home. Now don't get all excited it's NOT that type of craft room. There is NO actual workspace in the room. It is only 6 x 12 feet and contains two doorways and a full size window to boot. So basically I am using it for storage for my Mary Kay business needs AND my crafting supplies.

So I am in the process of organizing every thing I own craft wise (well except my fabric - that's a whole 'nother post :) )

Joe and Jack installed the nine cube shelf systems (three of them) in the room for 29 cubbies for boxes for storage. Then there are three bookshelves along the six foot long back wall.

Oh yeah the room is HOT PINK cuz it was my daughter's room when she was small and she wanted it "Barbie" pink - and IT IS!!!!!!!

Pics to come later.

OK so that's my absence explained in a nutshell. Hopefully it won't take another six months to post again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment